Skip to content
Oldham Athletic Supporters Foundation Approved strategy – April 2021
“Ensure the existence of a successful, well-supported and inclusive professional football club based in Oldham MBC; act as the official and representative supporters group which holds a share in the Club; hold the Club accountable”.
How? Delivered through 6 objectives – LATICS
- Asset of Community Value: A) Renewal in March 2022 – ONGOING 1ST DRAFT COMPLETED APRIL 2021 READY TO SUBMIT TO OMBC. THANK YOU VOLUNTEER. B) Pre-trigger research and work. Potentially could we become the club’s landlords? -TO START NEED HELP
- Business Crisis Management Plan Develop and be ready to respond to different outcomes; build contingency funds – TO START TARGET DATE SUMMER 2021
- Recruitment Attract appropriate professional talent to respond swiftly – ONGOING. VOLUNTEER PAGE ON WEBSITE, SOS ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
- Playershare Re-establish investment in the Academy – STARTED & ONGOING WITH 2 VOLUNTEERS. NEED MORE HELP
- Sponsorship Consider options to support – TO START JULY 2021 FOR 2021/22 SEASON. MEMBER VOTE
- Council Strengthen relationship and engagement with Council leadership – ONGOING, TWO MEETINGS COMPLETED AS OF 24.04.21
- Local Businesses Establish links with local business partners – TO START NEED HELP
- OACT Actively support their great work in the community.- STARTED MORE TO FOLLOW FOR 2021/22 SEASON. NEED HELP
- Latics Lottery Launch in partnership with Clubforce.- COMPLETED LAUNCHED 16.05.21. THANK YOU VOLUNTEER
- Easy Fundraising Promote online shopping scheme (4000 retailers) – COMPLETED LAUNCHED DECEMBER 2020.
- Regular Giving Scheme Build ring-fenced contingency fund – STARTED & ONGOING. RESEARCH WITH HEARTS COMPLETED. TARGET LAUNCH DATE AUGUST 2020
- Third Party Funds Identify appropriate matched funding streams / grants – STARTED & ONGOING. NEED HELP WITH RESEARCH
- Representation. OASF representative on Club Board – COMPLETED 92% MEMBERSSHIP APPROVAL TO APPOINT ON 09.05.21. REP APPOINTED 11.05.21
- Governance Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) secured – COMPLETED APRIL 2021.TARGET OF FIRST FOUNDATION/CLUB BOARD MEETING SUMMER 2021
- Financials Ensure full review of Club Accounts and sound financial management – ONGOING. REGULAR UPDATES TO THE FSA TO SUPPORT NATIONAL EFL CLUB REFORM
- Increase OASF membership Remove subscription-based membership and provide free membership; encourage fans to donate to other funding streams – COMPLETED 08.04.21 BY OASF DIRECTORS VOTE
- Provide regular, effective communication Relaunch website and invest in our marketing and communication strategies – STARTED ENGAGED WITH COMPANIES TO RAISE OUR PROFILE. TARGET TO COMPLETE SEPTEMBER 2021
- Member Events Organise events for Members e.g. Fans Forums, Meet the Manager, Match Day Stadium Tour for Season Ticket Holders – ONGOING FIRST EVENT BY AUGUST 2021
- Trustee Engagement Re-establish links with former players and managers as formal Trustees.- TO START. TARGET DATE SUMMER 2021
- FSA Continue to work with FSA e.g. representation on Task Forces – ONGOING. THANK YOU FOUNDATION DIRECTOR PHILIPPA WHITTAKER FOR RASING OUR EXPERIENCES AS A SUPPORTER GROUP AT A NATIONAL LEVEL.
- Democracy Manifesto for Club improvement approved by members. – COMPLETED 97% MEMBERSHIP APPROVAL AS OF 09.05.21.
Ricky Holden supports OASF.